Organizing 102 - Packaged embellishments

Organizing 102 - Packaged embellishments

Postby Scraprageous » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:50 pm

so how do you store yours?

by size? type? color? other?

old method - box :roll: :shock: :? :o didn't work for me

Two methods here (though I think I am changing the first one)

first - by paper line. There are advantages but I forget what I have and things aren't getting used.

second - hang them up. I use a chain, clips and zip ties - they are vertical. I can see what I have and things are getting used rather than shoved in a box and forgotten.
Scraprageous
Getting the hang of swaps

Re: Organizing 102 - Packaged embellishments

Postby Inspired2create » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:55 am

I store the ones that are paper specific with the paper, others on my clip it up by theme, and still others in clear plastic shoe boxes by color. Not the best system but works for me most of the time....
Inspired2create
Enjoys Swaps

Postby unforgettable » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:08 am

I have such a small area that I don't have room for the clips as I picture what you describe. I have an old drafting table from Cec with 6 drawers, rather thin. My flower, etc (but not gem) embellishments go in the top drawer with the gems in the second drawer. But then I have a 3 drawer set up where I put my "specials" in a drawer and thus forget they exist-oh boy! I keep my 12 inch borders in another drawer...which means I kind of tend to forget them. It's just tight all around. One day I want to post picture of my area. On a funny note the chair for the desk is so high I have to hike up on, lean on my elbow on the desk while hooking my right foot in the chair circle at the bottom, drag it under my butt and hope I can get under the table close enough to the table to be able to work. You just have to see it to understand. But getting up and down repeatedly from the chair is not really an option! Hmmm... I seemed have veered off from embellishments! K
unforgettable

Postby Scraprageous » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:53 pm

LOL - I think photos of you jumping/hiking up onto a chair would be great! :)

All of us start with a small area. Some stay there, others move on. It used to be that all my stuff fit into a rubbermaid tote - the small one. I used that about 20 years ago (wow has it been a long time). Then I got --- a bag on wheels. Wow - I was really moving then :). So, I had a bag on wheels and moved to an 18 gallon tote. Everything had to be taken out and put away every time I wanted to scrap.

Pretty much hung out there until about 10 years ago when I got this old cabinet that had a pull out tray from my parents. They were going to toss this all metal contraption, but it had 4 - 12" x 13" drawers!!!! Yep, I couldn't wait to get that piece.

Then - it burst! A few years later, dh noticed I spent a lot of time at that cabinet and suggested turning the corner of the family room into a scrap area. Viola! I now have that and he likes that he can be watching whatever on tv and we can still talk.

So - long way around to my embellishments on a chain. It is actually in my laundry room by a light switch and phone on the wall, so not a spot where things go. Out of the way and it does me good to move sometimes. :) Kind of like shopping without spending $$ ROFL.
Scraprageous

Postby ceceparsley » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:41 pm

started with a 3 drawer rolling cart working at the kitchen table. When a friend invited me to a weekend crop, my biggest problem was trying to figure how to keep the drawers closed while moving it. Now "it" has taken over the kids play room-an 8-foot school lunch table, and shelves, tables and desks scrounged from different places, "It" truly is a living creature that will take over any bit of space available! To answer the orignal question, my embellishments are in all sorts of containers. i try to label them so I at least have an idea of what is in them. but you know how that goes...
ceceparsley

Postby unforgettable » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:03 am

Hmmm... dd may have to grab a photo of the chair event!! Then people will be ROFL! Kathi
unforgettable

Return to Scrappy Chat